Bread and Butter Garlic Zucchini Pickles
Yield: Four 16 fl oz jars of pickles
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Time: 0 min
Cook Time: 5-10 min
4 cups Nature’s Intent Seasoned Vinegar for Pickling - Dill
4 each Garlic cloves, fresh
1 tablespoon Mustard seeds
2 sprigs Dill sprigs, fresh
1 tablespoon Crushed red pepper
½ cup Onions, julienne
1 lb Zucchini, sliced into coins or spears
- Sterilize jars and new lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Remove and let dry.
- To a 4-qt pot, add Dill-flavored Nature’s Intent Seasoned Vinegar for Pickling, garlic cloves, mustard seeds, dill sprigs and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Fill jars with alternating layers of cold onions and zucchini evenly in all jars and then carefully pour boiling brine into each jar, leaving ½” headspace.
- Place lid on top and screw on with ring. Place jars in refrigerator and let sit for at least 24 hours before enjoying.
- These pickles will last up to 1 month in the refrigerator.