Carolina Pulled Pork
This succulent pork roast gets a dry spice rub and is braised until fork tender. Serve on a soft, warm bun with our Carolina BBQ Sauce
Yield: 4-5 cups
Serving Size: ½ cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2½ to 3 hours
4 pounds pork butt roast
2 onions, peeled and sliced thick
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
1½ teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon garlic salt
¾ cup Nature’s Intent Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Layer sliced onions on the bottom of a Dutch oven and place pork roast on top.
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, salt, crushed red pepper, sugar, dry mustard and garlic salt. Rub pork with spices.
- Add Nature’s Intent Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and water.
- Braise roast while covered for 1½ hours. Remove cover and cook for an additional 1 to 1½ hours until fork tender. Let rest 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pork roast and shred meat with two forks.