Classic Bread and Butter Pickles
Yield: Four 16 fl oz jars of pickles
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Time: 0 min
Cook Time: 5-10 min
2 cups Nature’s Intent Seasoned Vinegar for Pickling - Sweet
1 cup Nature’s Intent Seasoned Vinegar for Pickling - Dill
1 teaspoon Turmeric
½ tablespoon Mustard seeds, whole
2 tablespoons Minced onion, dried
¼ teaspoon Crushed red pepper
½ teaspoon Celery seeds, whole
10 each Cloves, whole
12 each Allspice, whole
⅓ cup Sugar
½ teaspoon Salt
1 lb Cucumbers, cut into ¼” coins
- Sterilize jars and new lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Remove and let dry.
- To a 4-qt pot, add both Sweet- and Dill-flavored Nature’s Intent Seasoned Vinegar for Pickling, turmeric, mustard seeds, onion, crushed red pepper, celery seeds, allspice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Fill jars with cold cucumber slices evenly to all jars and then carefully pour boiling brine into each jar, leaving ½” headspace.
- Place lid on top and screw on with ring. Place jars in refrigerator and let sit for at least 24 hours before enjoying.
- These pickles will last up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
- Create any bread and butter chip vegetables by substituting cucumbers for carrots, beets, apples, or whole pearl onions